The BA program at Rutgers SPAA promotes civic engagement, strengthens teaching and learning, and builds collaborative partnerships through public service, service-learning, and community-based research. As part of the core requirements for the program, each student will go out into the field, giving their time to benefit others in the form of two supervised, structured service learning/internship courses within the community.
- Students will receive advisement prior to beginning their internship.
- All internship opportunities must be approved by the Internship Coordinator.
- Service learning experience will be accompanied by written reports.
- Internships may be paid or unpaid.
- To earn the 4 credits, internships must be 150 hours during the registered semester and attendance to the seminar class is required. There are some exceptions with extenuating circumstances.
- The pre-requisite for the internship courses is successful completion of three (3) Public Service core courses with a grade of "C" or better.
Guidelines and Orientation Information