GEOMPA: Global Executive Online Master of Public Administration Starts Fall 2017
- The first digitally based, global executive graduate degree program geared toward public and nonprofit leaders – the GEOMPA – starts Fall 2017.
Rutgers SPAA Celebrates 10 Years as a School
First U.S. School to Receive International Accreditation for Public Administration Programs
- Rutgers SPAA is the first U.S. school to earn full international accreditation from The International Commission on Accreditation of Public Administration Education and Training Programs (ICAPA). The accreditation covers Rutgers SPAA’s doctoral, master of public administration, and certificate programs.
Fully online MPA Degree Offered
Virtual Museum of Public Service Founded
1st Global Conference on Transparency Research
- The 1st Global Conference on Transparency Research is held at Rutgers University-Newark.
Public Service Undergraduate Degree Launched
Our New Home
- Rutgers SPAA dedicates the Center for Urban and Public Service building on the Rutgers University-Newark campus as its new home in Fall 2009.
4th Sino-US Conference Held at SPAA
Newark Executive MPA Program Starts
- The Newark/Essex County Executive MPA program is inaugurated at Newark City Hall.
Rutgers SPAA Established
- The School of Public Affairs and Administration (SPAA) at Rutgers University-Newark is established by the Rutgers Board of Governors in 2006 with Marc Holzer, PhD, as Founding Dean.
National ASPA Conference Hosted by SPAA
- The National Conference of the American Society for Public Administration (ASPA) is held entirely on the Rutgers University-Newark campus and draws 1,600 plus participants – a 20-year high for ASPA.
- The E-Governance Institute is created and conducts its first worldwide survey.
Nonprofit Certificate Program Begins
PhD in Public Administration Offered
- The first students enter the doctoral program in the Fall of 1994. Over 100 graduates have completed the program. Most graduates are in academic positions worldwide.
- Accreditation received from NASPAA – National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration, now known as the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration.
Executive MPA Program Starts
- SPAA’s Executive MPA Program in Trenton admits its first students in 1987.
MPA First Offered at Rutgers University-Newark