BA – Applicants/Admission

High School Seniors/First-Year Students
All applications are completed online via Select “School of Public Affairs and Administration – Public and Nonprofit Administration undergraduate Program – Newark” as your college of choice on the application.

Transfer Students
Students enrolled at other colleges/universities wishing to transfer to Rutgers University School of Public Affairs and Administration (SPAA) apply online via Select “Transfer Student” on the application.

Students who attend a New Jersey community college can use the web-based resource NJ Transfer ( to determine if a course offered at their current school will transfer to Rutgers SPAA. Students transferring from a 2-year institution may receive a maximum of 65 credits. Students transferring from a 4-year institution may receive a maximum of 90 credits.

Rutgers School-to-School Transfer Students
Students from Rutgers (New Brunswick, Camden, and other Newark undergraduate divisions such as SCJ, RBS, NCAS, UC, and Nursing) should use the online School-to-School application:

Re-Enrolling Students
If you have been away from the university for a semester or more, you need to complete a re-enrollment application to reactivate your status via

Criteria for Re-Enrollment to the Joint Program:

  • Students must have completed a minimum of one (1) academic term as a matriculated student at Rutgers University.
  • Any student previously enrolled in any of the Rutgers University undergraduate divisions may apply for re-enrollment after a leave of absence of at least one (1) semester.
  • Students enrolling in the School of Public Affairs and Administration (SPAA) undergraduate program cannot have earned more than 90 college-level credits, except in the case of second-degree candidates (for whom the credit limit is not applicable).

For More Information on Undergraduate Admissions

Copyright © 2018, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. All rights reserved.