Public and Nonprofit Performance Management Certificate
The Public and Nonprofit Performance Management Certificate offered by the School of Public Affairs and Administration (SPAA) at Rutgers University–Newark is an 18-credit program that provides students with an opportunity to focus on how performance measurement and management based decision making can lead to more efficient and effective delivery of public and nonprofit services. The certificate focuses on defining key performance indicators, techniques for tracking them, and ways of using this important data to make decisions.
Students seeking the Public and Nonprofit Performance Management Certificate complete six (6) courses for a total of 18 credits. For course descriptions see Courses.
- Performance Measurement and Reporting for Public and Nonprofit Organizations (3)*
- Results-Driven Strategic Management (3)*
- Evidence-Based Public Management and Policy (3)*
- Managing Public Organizations (3)
- Introduction to Administration (3)
- Technology and Public Administration (3)
Three of the required courses are considered elective courses within the Master of Public Administration program and are identified with an asterisk symbol (*) above. One of these identified courses may be substituted for "Introduction to Public Administration" to complete the program.