SPAA Wins Big on Giving Day 2018!
Giving Day began at midnight on March 21 and was extended to 9pm on March 22 because of Wednesday's snowstorm.
Since Giving Day began, SPAA students, alumni, faculty, staff, and friends collaborated in a dedicated wave of donations and social media challenge entries that yielded some big wins for SPAA totalling $3,950!
Challenges Won by SPAA!
- Cap and Gown Social Media Challenge: SPAA staff member Jade McClain won $500 for SPAA by posting a graduation picture and tagging SPAA as the school she wanted to support.
- Lucky 21 Challenge: Two SPAA donors made the 221st and 921st gift for Giving Day and won $100 each for the school.
- Lunchtime Crunch Time Challenge: SPAA was one of eight areas to have the most donors between 12pm and 2pm on March 21, resulting in an award of $1,000 for SPAA. SPAA PhD alumna Patria de Lancer Julnes encouraged her fellow alumni to donate during the lunchtime crunch and helped secure the win!
- Snowfall Challenge: SPAA was one of nine funds to have the most gifts between 9am and 5pm on March 22 and won $500.
- Decades Challenge (40’s, 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s, 00’s, 10’s) – SPAA received $500 for having the most donors who are 2010s graduates.
- G.O.L.D. Challenge (Graduates of the Last Decade): SPAA received $1,250 for having the most donors at Rutgers University–Newark who are graduates of the last decade.
Donor Numbers and Gifts:
SPAA's community rallied together and raised more than $7,000 from more than 80 donors!
SPAA's donor community is comprised of alumni, faculty, staff, students, and friends who support funds that provide students with scholarships, fellowships, and assistance with expenses including books and international travel opportunities.