Rutgers SPAA: Where Service Meets Leadership
The School of Public Affairs and Administration (SPAA) at Rutgers University–Newark offers a variety of innovative, world-class degree programs – Public and Nonprofit Administration (BA), Master of Public Administration (MPA), Executive MPA, and PhD – as well as a complement of professional and graduate certificate programs.
> Discover Why Rutgers SPAA is the place for aspiring leaders to gain the knowledge and skills required for successful Careers in government or the nonprofit sector
> Read our Alumni Stories to see what some of our alumni do with their degrees from Rutgers SPAA
Rutgers SPAA is consistently ranked as a top school for public management and leadership, as well as nonprofit management and urban policy, by U.S. News & World Report. And SPAA is accredited by NASPAA – the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration.
Degree & Certificate Programs at Rutgers SPAA
Undergraduate (Bachelor’s Degree / Minor / Second Concentration)
- Major in Public and Nonprofit Administration – Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Minor in Public and Nonprofit Administration
- Second Concentration in the Accelerated MPA
Graduate (Master's Degrees in Public Administration)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- Executive Master of Public Administration (EMPA)
- 100% Online Master of Public Administration (MPA)
PhD in Public Administration (Doctoral Degree)
- 5-Year Dual Bachelor’s Degree/Master of Public Administration Degree (BA/MPA or BS/MPA)
- Juris Doctor/Master of Public Administration (JD/MPA)
- Master of Public Administration/Master of Accountancy in Governmental Accounting (MPA/MACCY)
Certificate & Professional Development Programs
- State of NJ Certified Public Manager® Program (CPM)
- Appreciative Inquiry for Strength-Based Leadership and Innovation in Public and Nonprofit Sectors (Ai)
- Budgeting and Financial Management Certificate
- Healthcare Administration Certificate
- Leadership and No-Blame Problem Solving Certificate
- Leadership of Public Organizations Certificate
- Nonprofit Management Certificate
- Public Sector Labor-Management Relations Certificate
To Apply / Admission Requirements
For admission requirements and application information and deadlines see Apply Now.
For More Information
To learn more, Request Information or Join a SPAA Info Session. If you have questions about a program or the application process, contact Aaron Gibbs, associate dean of student and academic services, at email@example.com.