SPAA Student Ambassador Program
The SPAA Student Ambassador Program is a multi-level leadership opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students who subscribe to the values of competence, diversity, knowledge, ethics, and service.
SPAA Ambassadors represent the School of Public Affairs and Administration in a variety of activities – including admissions, public engagement, and marketing initiatives – and participate in professional development opportunities.
For more information, contact: email@example.com
Be a part of this exciting leadership opportunity
Applications for the FALL 2020 cohort are now closed.
Look for info about applying for the Fall 2021 cohort in Spring 2021.
By serving as a SPAA Ambassador, you will:
- Enhance your leadership abilities, improve your team and relationship building skills, and strengthen your public speaking capabilities while gaining hand-on experience
- Participate in monthly professional development sessions with SPAA Alumni
- Topics of discussion include: Career Readiness for Nonprofit and Government Agencies; Networking; Elevator Pitch; Professional Mentors
- Participate in trainings and activities representing SPAA throughout the year
- Activities include: SPAA recruitment events such as open houses; SPAA public engagement events such as service days; Rutgers University events such as Rutgers Day and Giving Day
- Must be currently enrolled as a full-time SPAA student
- Before starting as a SPAA Ambassador, undergraduate students must be a Junior or Senior; graduate students must have completed one semester of graduate work
- Must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have the desire to work with persons from diverse backgrounds
- Must be available to participate in evening and weekend events
- Must be able to attend all SPAA Ambassador meetings and trainings
- SPAA Ambassadors are eligible for a $500 stipend at the end of each semester (based on satisfactory performance evaluations)
Fall 2020 Application Process:
- To Apply:
1) Submit Completed Online Application;
2) Email Resume, Transcript, and Recommendation Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application Materials Due: May 4, 2020
(all materials must be submitted/emailed by 11:59pm on May 4, 2020)
- Interviews Conducted: May 6-12, 2020
(must be available these dates for a 30-minute interview)
- Decisions Made and Students Notified: June 2020