Second Concentration in the Accelerated MPA
The Accelerated MPA (BA/MPA or BS/MPA) as a second concentration is an undergraduate concentration that allows qualified students to take 18 out of 42 credits of the MPA degree as an undergraduate student. The 18 credits taken as an undergraduate may count as a student's second concentration, which is a requirement for many undergraduates at Rutgers University–Newark.
Program Quick Facts
- Program: On Campus | Online
- Credits: 18 (taken as an undergraduate for the second concentration requirement)
- BA Program Director: Michael Dillard, EdD
- Eligibility for Second Concentration:
- have completed at least 75 credits
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.000 or higher
- be a matriculating undergraduate student at a school on the Rutgers-Newark campus (School of Public Affairs and Administration, School of Arts and Sciences-Newark | University College, School of Criminal Justice, Rutgers Business School-Newark)
- Submit an application before they can begin taking Accelerated MPA classes
Accelerated MPA students complete 18 credits of MPA courses, all of which count towards the MPA requirements.
Students must submit an MPA application before they can begin taking Accelerated MPA classes.
For admission requirements and application information and deadlines see Apply Now.
Please set up a meeting with the Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Programs before submitting your application. Assistant Dean LaPatriello can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 18 credits of Accelerated MPA courses as a second concentration are charged at the undergraduate tuition rate for courses taken on-campus during the spring and fall semesters.