Second Concentration in the Accelerated MPA
The Accelerated MPA (BA/MPA or BS/MPA) as a second concentration is an undergraduate concentration that allows qualified students to take 18 out of 42 credits of the MPA degree as an undergraduate student. The 18 credits taken as an undergraduate may count as a student's second concentration, which is a requirement for many undergraduates at Rutgers University - Newark.
Program Quick Facts
- Program: On Campus | Online options are available
- Credits: 18 credits are taken as an undergraduate for the second concentration requirement | Students must submit an application to stay on as a graduate student to finish the remaining 24 credits to earn an MPA degree
- Eligibility for Second Concentration: Students must:
- have completed at least 85 credits by the end of junior year
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.000 or higher
- be a matriculating undergraduate student at a school on the Rutgers-Newark campus (School of Public Affairs and Administration, School of Arts and Sciences-Newark | University College, School of Criminal Justice, Rutgers Business School-Newark)
Accelerated MPA students complete 18 credits of MPA courses, all of which count towards the MPA core.
Students do not need to submit an application to pursue the Accelerated MPA as their second concentration as an undergraduate student; they only need to meet the eligibility criteria listed under Eligibility for Second Concentration. An application is required for students who decide to continue their studies to earn the MPA degree.
The 18 credits of Accelerated MPA courses as a second concentration are charged at the undergraduate tuition rate.
For more information on the Second Concentration in the Accelerated MPA, contact Student and Academic Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.