Budgeting and Financial Management Certificate
The certificate program in Budgeting and Financial Management offered by the School of Public Affairs and Administration (SPAA) at Rutgers University–Newark provides an opportunity for pre-career and in-career students to earn an 18-credit graduate certificate in the area of public and nonprofit budgeting and financial management. This concentrated area of study prepares students wishing to enter a nonprofit or public sector financial management position, or those seeking upward mobility in this career track.
Students seeking the Budgeting and Financial Management Certificate complete six (6) courses for a total of 18 credits. For course descriptions see Courses.
- Public Financial Management (3)*
- Capital Budgeting and Debt Management (3)*
- Government Revenue Theory and Administration (3)*
- The Public Policy Process (3)
- Economics for Public Administration (3)
- Technology and Public Administration (3)
Three of the required courses are considered elective courses within the Master of Public Administration program and are identified with an asterisk symbol (*) above.