SPAA Student Highlights: Academic Year 2022-2023
- PhD candidate Mauricio Astudillo-Rodas was awarded the 2022 APSA Paul Volker Junior Scholar Award.
- MPA students Lydia Gray, James Horning, Rhiana Young, and Jacqueline Zapata competed at the NASPAA 2023 Wildfire Simulation Competition.
- PhD student Valentine A. Lamar was named a Rutgers-Guilford College Doctoral Fellow for academic year 2022-2023.
- PhD student Ying Liu has been selected as the 2023 Scholarship Award winner in the PhD student category from the Section for Women in Public Administration (SWPA) of the American Society for Public Administration (ASPA).
- BA Student Joshnelly Orbe attended the Forbes Under 30 Summit in October 2022 in Detroit, Michigan, having received an invitation from SPAA as a student in good standing.
- BA student Aliyah Saleem was selected as a recipient of the inaugural Obama-Chesky Voyager Scholarship for Public Service.
- PhD Candidate Kayla Schwoerer won the Best Dissertation Award from the Section for Women in Public Administration (SWPA) of the American Society for Public Administration (ASPA) for her dissertation, "What's the Use? Macro, Meso, and Micro Perspectives on the Relationship Between Transparency, Information Usability, and Citizen-State Interactions."