Rutgers SPAA Scholarships & Fellowships
The School of Public Affairs and Administration offers scholarship awards to Rutgers SPAA students. The scholarships listed below are available to students in the BA and MPA programs as noted. Contact SPAA Student and Academic Services via firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Rutgers SPAA Scholarships & Fellowships are awarded to SPAA students based on the following criteria:
- Academic Success – demonstrated by a GPA of 3.5 or higher, recommendation from a faculty member, rigorous course schedule, paper presented, or research experience.
- Commitment to Public Service – measured by professional or volunteer record of serving the needs of a larger community or career path focused on public service.
- Community Engagement – demonstrated by showing a commitment to the greater Newark area and identifying how a SPAA degree will further their dedication to creating positive change within the community.
Student Eligibility Requirements
- Must have completed 9 credits in a SPAA program
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Must be an active student in the spring semester when the scholarship announcements go out and the following fall semester when the aid is awarded. Active student means being registered for at least 3 credits
- Must remain in the same program when they apply for a scholarship (spring) and when scholarships are awarded (fall)
How to Apply
Once scholarship announcements are made in the spring, submit the application documents by the specified deadline. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Application materials include:
- Online Application Form
- Personal Statement (no more than 1,000 words)
In your personal statement, please be specific in showing alignment between your experiences, successes and skill sets and the three criteria provided (Academic Success, Commitment to Public Service, Community Engagement).
- Current Resume
- Unofficial Copy of Transcript (must be obtained from my.rutgers.edu under the Academics Tab)
- Online Recommendation from a SPAA Faculty Member
A faculty member can recommend up to two students and cannot be in the selection committee.