Rutgers SPAA: Our Proud History
- Rutgers SPAA Celebrates 15 Years as a School at Rutgers University–Newark
- Rutgers SPAA Announces Inaugural Cohort of SPAA Student Ambassadors in Fall 2020
- Rutgers SPAA Undergraduate Program Celebrates the 10-Year Anniversary of its First Graduates
- Rutgers SPAA Receives the 2019 Social Equity Award from NASPAA in Fall 2019
- Rutgers SPAA Hosts the 2019 Social Equity Leadership Conference (SELC) in June 2019
- Rutgers SPAA Opens the Office of Public Engagement (OPE)
- Charles E. Menifield Becomes Dean of Rutgers SPAA on September 1, 2017
- Rutgers SPAA Celebrates 10 Years as a School
- SPAA Launches a Fully Online Master of Public Administration Degree in Fall 2013
- The Certified Public Manager (CPM) Program for the State of NJ is Initiated at Rutgers SPAA
- The 1st Global Conference on Transparency Research is held at Rutgers University–Newark
- First Undergraduate Degrees Conferred – SPAA's bachelor of arts degree in public and nonprofit administration with a focus on public service – the first of its kind in the U.S. – graduates its first students in May 2010.
- NECoPA (Northeast Conference on Public Administration) Founded – the annual regional conference of ASPA is founded at SPAA in October 2010.
- Our New Home – Rutgers SPAA dedicates the Center for Urban and Public Service building on the Rutgers University–Newark campus as its new home in Fall 2009.
- Undergraduate Degree Offered – The first students enter the BA program in Fall 2008.
- 4th Sino-US Conference Held at SPAA – SPAA hosts the 4th Sino-US Conference on the Rutgers University-Newark campus in June 2008.
- Newark Executive MPA Program Starts – The Newark/Essex County Executive MPA program is inaugurated at Newark City Hall.
- Rutgers SPAA Established – The School of Public Affairs and Administration (SPAA) at Rutgers University–Newark is established by the Rutgers Board of Governors in 2006, with Marc Holzer, PhD, as Founding Dean, after providing doctoral and master’s public administration education for over 30 years to pre-service, in-service, and executive students through the Rutgers–Newark Graduate School.
- National ASPA Conference Hosted by SPAA – The National Conference of the American Society for Public Administration (ASPA) is held entirely on the Rutgers University–Newark campus and draws 1,600 plus participants – a 20-year high for ASPA.
- Nonprofit Certificate Program Begins – The Nonprofit Management Certificate is first offered in 1998.
- PhD in Public Administration Offered – The first students enter the doctoral program in Fall 1994. Over 100 graduates have completed the program. Most graduates are in academic positions worldwide.
- NASPAA Accreditation Received – Accreditation from NASPAA – the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration, now known as the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration – initially received.
- Executive MPA Program Starts – SPAA’s Executive MPA Program in Trenton admits its first students in 1987.
- MPA First Offered at Rutgers University-Newark – The Master of Public Administration program at Rutgers University–Newark welcomes its first students in January 1975 and awards its first MPA degrees in June 1976.